Acal BFi UK and Acal BFi Central Procurement UK are delighted to announce that we have been granted AEO (C) status.
Now recognised as an Authorised Economic Operator (AEO), this quality mark indicates that our position in the international supply chain is secure as well as proving our processes and controls are efficient and compliant in accordance with EU Community Customs Code (CCC) and HMRC requirements.
So what is AEO?
AEO (C) status is an internationally recognised mark of quality, demonstrating that our role within the international supply chain is secure and that our processes, procedures and controls are efficient and compliant. Within the Single Market and the Customs Union AEO holding certification Companies have a clear advantage when exporting/importing, especially to/from the United States and the world’s largest economies, through Mutual Recognition Agreements.
- For BREXIT mitigation AEO certification will become even more desirable as an internationally recognised tool to keep cargo moving. The EU and UK is expected to recognise each other’s AEO schemes in a Post- BREXIT environment.
- Whilst not mandatory, the EU is actively encouraging the majority of organisations who export outside of the EU to sign up to this worldwide initiative.
What are the requirements?
The process surrounding an AEO application includes close scrutiny on the whole supply chain of a company including all partners, departments and processes involved all the way from order placement to payment.
Financial solvency and practical standards of competence and professional qualifications are also reviewed in detail.
This process offers huge benefits to a company as the intensive, end-to-end look at the business demonstrates its worthiness in being granted this mark of recognition. Which is why everyone at Acal BFi is delighted with the long-awaited result.
Benefits to us
- Reduced administration.
- Less physical and documents checks when importing/exporting
- Pre-advanced warning by Customs when checks will apply
- Priority status on Customs checks
Benefits to our customers
- Demonstrates compliance with Best Practice, with appropriate procedures and controls in place.
- As a result, customs will trust the operator and perform less or no inspections on goods imported or exported by or via the AEO. This benefit’s the mover of the goods as goods are available more quickly
- Customs benefits as scarce inspection capacity can be targeted better at the cargo of unknown and potentially unsafe operators.
Why is becoming AEO important to Acal BFi:
- Being AEO accredited means import/export processes are in place and are well controlled.
- UK accreditation aligns with our German AEO accreditation already in place.
Acal BFi in new pan-European partnership with Advanced Energy
From sensors to the cloud – everything you need to succeed in the Internet of Thingsread more
Turning great ideas into customer success – how Acal BFi are solving IoT design challengesread more
How to create a fuller range of permeabilities from the standard Sendust E-core rangeread more