Semi-custom, standards-compliant power solutions
Forgotten the power supply? Let Acal BFi design a semi-custom, standards-compliant power solution for your application using readily available, off-the-shelf modules and building blocks.
Designing to your requirements
From a system point of view, power-supply design is easy, but in practice the design is often complex and time consuming. Working with Acal BFi it can be simple. Tell our engineers the black-box requirements along with the environment in which the power supply needs to operate and the standards it must comply with, and we'll do the rest. Our approach, using off-the-shelf sub-systems, means our design service is fast and reliable. All our designs are tested for EMC/EMI compliance using our in-house EMC chamber, giving you peace of mind that our design will pass regulatory compliance testing.
Working with leading manufacturers
Partnering with leading power supply manufacturers like Vicor, Excelsys, Cincon and SL Power gives Acal BFi a great understanding of power-supply design from tens of watts to kilowatts, which can be applied to build a power-supply unit customised for your needs.
- Shorter development cycles – use of standard, off-the-shelf sub-systems means first-article samples are generally available in less than eight weeks from specification definition.
- Wide range of power sub-systems – from industry-leading manufacturers, ensuring that we have a sub-system that can form the basis of your design.
- Standards compliance – all our power solutions are engineered to meet the required mechanical, electrical and safety standards applicable to your market.
- Total cost of ownership reduced – your power supply is provided, tested and housed in accordance with your system requirements, ready to be installed, reducing assembly time.
- State-of-the art logistics – including just-in-time, Kan-ban, ship-to-line and buffer stocking to agreed levels to support your inventory and cash-flow.
- Quality – all designs are manufactured in facilities accredited to ISO9001.
Our track record
Acal BFi have proved the benefits of this service for a number of customers. Projects include the design of a DC/DC converter to stabilise airflow to a boiler in an air-conditioning unit on a rail carriage. The environment is both mechanically (vibration and shock) and electrically (noise) challenging, and needed to be fully standards compliant. We designed a fully enclosed DC/DC converter solution that complied with EN50121 and IEC61373. We also organised and supported the independent test house approval process, delivering a fully certified, standards-compliant solution.